As the year draws to a close, we reflect on the many blessings and achievements over the past
12 months. It has been a year filled with growth, learning, and countless memories created by
our students, dedicated teachers, and staff. We are immensely grateful for your continued
support, and we invite you to partner with us in our year-end fundraising campaign to ensure the
bright future of our school.
Scholarships: Your support helps us provide scholarships to deserving students, allowing them access to a high-quality Christian education they might not have otherwise.
Facility Improvements: We have exciting plans for facility improvements in the coming year to create a more conducive and inspiring learning environment.
Technology Upgrades: We are committed to keeping our students up-to-date with the latest educational technology, ensuring they are prepared for the future.
Please consider partnering with us in this mission by making a tax-deductible donation before
the end of the year to support our efforts. Every dollar you contribute has a direct impact on
the lives of our students and the future of our school.
- How did PHCA impact you during your time here?
PHCA helped mold me into a good student and a good member of the community. Through an academically rigorous, Christian-based curriculum and various service opportunities, I learned to take ownership of my education, focus on my spiritual growth, and seek opportunities to share the gospel and give back to the community. The close-knit environment between students and teachers significantly impacted me as well. My teachers got to know me, and they always cared about my academic progress as well as my overall well-being. In addition, the small class sizes helped me to build strong relationships with my peers and share my learning with others. Overall, PHCA cultivated a strongly supportive environment for me and my peers.
- How did PHCA prepare you for your future?
PHCA provided an academically rigorous curriculum that gave me an edge when I began college. This is because I had already developed the study skills and organizational skills needed to be successful in an academically demanding environment at PHCA. Additionally, the small class sizes provided a safe, comfortable, low-risk environment where I could easily share learning with my peers and take academic risks. This greatly prepared me for the many discussions and public speaking requirements I encountered in my future college classes. At PHCA, I was able to compete in my favorite sport volleyball and try track and field for the first time. I also had the opportunity to take Choir, Art, Ceramics, Spanish, and Home Economics. The variety of diverse experiences at PHCA helped me become a well-rounded individual.
- What qualities or characteristics did you grow in while you were at PHCA?
– Studiousness: At PHCA I became very serious about my education. I took pride in my learning and academic performance. I learned how to take ownership of the many responsibilities of a student and advocate for myself when I needed help.
– Collaboration: At PHCA I learned how to build strong relationships and work well with peers from different backgrounds.
– Outreach: At PHCA, the Bible classes, and weekly chapels opened many doors for me to talk about the Bible with my peers, whether it was an opportunity to share the gospel with a peer, or simply a conversation about our own spiritual walks. These doors of opportunity helped me become bold in sharing God’s Word and my testimony with others.
- What would you say to students or families considering PHCA now?
I would highly recommend PHCA to families currently considering PHCA for their students. I believe PHCA is a place where students can be supported in growing academically, socially, athletically, and spiritually.
- What are you doing now for school or work?
I am a middle school teacher, and I am also pursuing a Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Education! I teach 6th, 7th, and 8th grade Writer’s Workshop at The Barstow School in Kansas City. Now after teaching in a private school, I have a clear understanding of all of the extra work that my PHCA teachers put in on a daily basis to create rich learning experiences and keep the school running strong. They were great role-models for me, and I now strive to be the kind of teacher for my students that they were for me.