PURSUING HIS CALL ALWAYSPlaza Heights Christian Academy
Plaza Heights Christian Academy is an independent non-denominational private Christian school that serves the Blue Springs and surrounding areas. We are dedicated to striving toward academic excellence as we teach from a Christ-centered perspective. We believe the promises and commands God gives us in His Word. We believe “children are a heritage from the Lord” as it says in Psalm 1:27. We believe you should impress God’s commandments and values on your children and Plaza Heights Christian Academy desires to come along side with parents to fulfill the instruction of “Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
To teach Biblical truth in an environment of academic excellence that prepares students to impact the world for Christ.
As a Christian educational institution our objectives are to be:
- Teaching that the Lord Jesus Christ is to be preeminent in all of life, including education.
- Encouraging students to receive Jesus Christ as their personal savior.
- Urging students to involve themselves in some form of Christian service.
- Prompting students to participate in civic responsibilities.
- Assisting parents in training their children to be effective Christians in the world, by developing within each student a discerning Christian mind.
The vision of Plaza Heights Christian Academy is to develop life-long learners and servant leaders who fully live out their purpose in the world for Christ.
Plaza Heights Christian Academy is to be:
- An authentic Christian Community
- Unified by our common faith in Jesus Christ
- Encouraging each other to daily pursue righteousness
- Striving to energize and equip each student to succeed in whatever path the Lord directs
- To see our students, impact their communities and become purposeful, productive Christian adults.
(Discrimination clause: Since God’s love extends to all people, Plaza Heights Christian Academy welcomes and encourages all children regardless of sex, race, color, nationality or ethnic origin to apply for admission, financial aid, and any/all programs of the school and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin in the administration of any program of the school.)
Statement of Faith
Plaza Heights Christian Academy was founded and functions upon the fundamental principles of the Word of God. The following statements of faith is held by every Plaza Heights Christian Academy’s employee and is acknowledged by each school family.
1. We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God in the original text and the only rule of faith and practice. II Timothy 3:16-17.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14.
3. We believe that the universe originated by the creative act of God as revealed in Holy Scripture, and that the form of every kind of life was fixed at the time of its creation. Genesis 1:1; John 1:1-3.
4. We believe in the deity and humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His visible return in power and glory. Colossians 1:13-20.
5. We believe that all men are lost and sinful, and that salvation is received by the grace of God through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and by the act of regeneration of life by the Holy Spirit. Romans 3:23-26; Titus 3:5.
6. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and Man. I Timothy 2:5.
7. We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, by who’s indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. Romans 8:9.
8. We believe in the bodily resurrections of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal damnation. John 5:24-25, 28-29.
9. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit as established in the Bible. John 17:20-23; I Corinthians 12:12-13.
10. We believe that support and participation in the task of fulfilling the great commission is the responsibility of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:19-20.